Our San Antonio resort, located in Northwest San Antonio near The Dominion, is proud to offer AKC Rally classes with our professional trainer and instructor, Susan Morilak, CPDT-KA.
What is AKC Rally?
AKC Rally is a team sport for you and your dog. Together, as a team, you and your dog navigate a course side-by-side. Whether you train just for fun or decide to participate in Rally competitions, this class helps to develop better teamwork between you and your dog. It can also help improve your dog’s confidence, obedience skills, and behaviors at home as well as in public.
As a team, you and your dog will maneuver through a course that features a series of signs that provide instructions for a skill to be performed. The Rally courses have 10-20 signs, depending on the class level, that include various turns and cues such as sit, down, stay, etc. As you advance through the class levels, the difficulty increases.
How to participate in AKC Rally at Barkaritaville in San Antonio?
- One handler per dog but families are welcome to watch!
- Non-reactive dogs only.
- Prerequisite courses: Puppy Pre-K Group Class or Beginning Level Obedience (this is Levels 1 and 2 in our Levels Training) or pre-approved by our instructor.
- Our classes are limited in size as we maintain an instructor to student ratio of 1:6.
What Rally classes are available?
- Intro to Rally: Begin to learn the Novice Level signs and the rules of the game.
- On-going Rally Practice: Experienced handlers can practice at our facility in preparation for an upcoming trial or just for fun and exercise. Course set up with all levels. Two runs per dog.
When are Rally classes and how much do they cost?
To get the latest schedule and pricing information, please contact Susan directly at 210-405-0509 or firstname.lastname@example.org.