FAQs & Requirements
What types of vaccines do you require for pets?
We require all dogs have written proof from a licensed veterinarian of the following:
- Up to date Rabies and DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Para-influenza).
- Bordetella (Canine Cough) is required a minimum of once a year.
- Annual Intestinal parasite check.
- Effective January 1, 2020, annual Canine Influenza (CIV) Bivalent vaccine, which protects against both the identified strains (H3N8 and H3N2) of CIV, also known as Dog Flu.
- For cats, we require Rabies and Feline Distemper.
What is your cancellation policy?
We require a $50 deposit (per pet) to confirm your pet's hotel reservation. The deposit will be applied to your pet's stay. We have a 3-day cancellation policy. All reservations need to be changed or cancelled 3 days in advance to have the deposit fully refunded otherwise the full deposit is forfeited.
Due to high demand, in addition to the $50 deposit per pet, there is a 14-day cancellation and a 3-night minimum stay during the following holidays when our lobby is closed. It is important our holiday cancellation polices are followed so that we can accommodate our clients on our wait list. If policies are not respected, you forfeit your full deposit and your credit card will be charged the equivalent of a 3-night stay for the lodging package you had requested. We appreciate your understanding and respecting our holiday cancellation policy.
- New Year’s Eve
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
Do you have different rates during holidays and peak seasons?
Due to increased demand and labor costs during the holidays and certain peak occupancy periods, please note our $4/night price adjustment per pet during the following peak holiday times:
- Spring Break (March 13-22, 2020)
- Easter Weekend (April 10-13, 2020)
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 22-26, 2020)
- Summer Break (From school's out until it resumes: May 29-September 3, 2020)
- Labor Day Weekend (September 4-8, 2020)
- Thanksgiving (November 25-29, 2020)
- Christmas (Beginning first weekend December 2020 - January 3, 2021)
What time is check-in and check-out?
Our check-in and check-out time is noon (except Sunday*). A full day’s lodging fee will apply on day of check-in. Pets arriving before check-in are welcome with no extra fees, but your pet may have to wait in another enclosure until their room is ready. Picking up your pet after noon will include another day of lodging. If your dog is receiving a go-home bath and groom, we kindly ask you pick them up after 3pm.
* Sunday is a full day’s lodging fee and the scheduled pick up from 4-6pm.
What do I need for my pet’s lodging stay?
From beds to bowls, we provide everything your pet needs to be safe, healthy, and comfortable. If your pet has never stayed with us, be sure to schedule a complimentary meet and greet before their stay so they can get to know the staff. For their stay:
- Food. To help keep tummies happy and regular, be sure to bring their usual food and/or treats labeled and prepackaged per feeding in individual zip-lock bags. Please do not bring Tupperware or large dog food bags. Exceptions are available for long term lodging guests. Note: If needed, we will provide our in-house food at no extra charge which is a digestive-friendly premium prescription food.
- Collars/leads. Not necessary unless someone else is picking up your pet.
- Medication. If your pet is on any prescription medication, the medication must be in the original packaging from your veterinarian with prescription dosage instructions (additional fee applies).
- Additional blankets and bedding. As long as it’s washable, you are welcome to bring a familiar small blanket or flat bedding.
- Toys. You are welcome to bring up to 3 toys but, for safety reasons, no rope toys are allowed. Please make sure all belongings are labeled appropriately with your pet’s name prior to check-in.
What is a Healthy Pet Program?
The Healthy Pet Program is our way of standing behind the superior care our clients have grown to trust. With this program, you’ll only pay $6 per visit for the peace of mind that we’ll cover any applicable veterinary fees up to $500 that are a result of your pet’s visit with us, according to the guidelines explained in this document. *Some exclusions apply.
Is it pet insurance?
The BPR Healthy Pet Program is not pet insurance. Unlike pet insurance, which can cost anywhere from $10 to over $90 per month, and requires a deductible, this program is only a $6 per visit for lodging guests. There is no deductible or co-pay with the Healthy Pet Program.
Why is it not included in the lodging price?
We decided to offer this unique program to give our clients even more peace of mind while their pets are in our care. While it’s rare that dogs require medical attention after they leave us, our clients appreciate that we have a plan in place should it become necessary.
A program like this takes a lot of the guess work and discussion out of the equation, so the focus can be on caring for the pet, instead of who will pay or how much. We could say, “just trust us,” but instead, with this program, our clients have our word in writing!
Why is it mandatory?
For the program to work properly at the nominal rate of $6 per visit and to the benefit all clients, it is necessary that all clients participate.