FAQs & Requirements
Please review our frequently asked questions and don't hesitate to reach out to us with any additional questions.
What types of vaccines do you require for pets?
We require prior to their visit that all pets have written proof from a licensed veterinarian of the following:
- Up to date Rabies and DHPP (Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo, Para-influenza).
- Bordetella (Canine Cough) is required a minimum of once a year.
- Proof of an Annual "Negative" Intestinal parasite check (Fecal)
- We highly recommend frequent daycare and lodging dogs receive an annual Canine Influenza (CIV) Bivalent vaccine, which protects against both the identified strains (H3N8 and H3N2) of CIV, also known as Dog Flu. Initial dose will need to be boosted in 2-4 weeks.
- For cats, we require Rabies and Feline Distemper.
*We do not accept home vaccinations, hand written vaccinations, sticker books, pet passports or breeder vaccinations.
What is your cancellation policy?
We require a $50 deposit (per pet) to confirm your pet's hotel reservation. The deposit will be applied to your pet's stay. We have a 3-day cancellation policy. All reservations need to be changed or cancelled 3 days in advance to have the deposit fully refunded otherwise the full deposit is forfeited.
Due to high demand, in addition to the $50 deposit per pet, there is a 14-day cancellation and a 3-night minimum stay during the following holidays when our lobby is closed. It is important our holiday cancellation polices are followed so that we can accommodate our clients on our wait list. If policies are not respected, you forfeit your full deposit and your credit card will be charged the equivalent of a 3-night stay for the lodging package you had requested. We appreciate your understanding and respecting our holiday cancellation policy.
- New Year's Eve
- New Year's Day
- Easter Sunday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Do you have different rates during holidays and peak seasons?
Due to increased demand and labor costs during the holidays and certain peak occupancy periods, please note our $5/night price adjustment per pet during the following peak holiday times:
- Spring Break (March 4-21, 2022)
- Easter Weekend (April 15-18 2022)
- Memorial Day Weekend (May 27-31, 2022)
- Summer Break (From when school's out until it resumes: May 27-August 22, 2022)
- Labor Day Weekend (September 2-6, 2022)
- Thanksgiving (November 22-28, 2022)
- Christmas (Beginning first weekend December 2022 - January 2, 2023)
What time is check-in and check-out?
Our check-in and check-out time is noon (except Sunday*). A full days lodging fee will apply on day of check-in. Pets arriving before check-in are welcome with no extra fees, but your pet may have to wait in another accommodation until their room is ready. Picking up your pet after noon will include another day of lodging. If your dog is receiving a go-home bath and groom during normal business hours, we kindly ask you pick them up after 3:00 pm. We will notify you once your pet is ready.
* Sunday is a full day's lodging fee and the scheduled pick up time is from 4-6 pm (San Antonio Location)
* Sunday is a full day's lodging fee and the scheduled pick up is from 4:30-5:30 pm (Corpus Location)
What do I need for my pet's lodging stay?
From beds to bowls, we provide everything your pet needs to be safe, healthy, and comfortable. We also ask that you not bring anything of significant value since we cannot guarantee we will be able to return items in the same condition, but we'll do our best! If your pet has never stayed with us, be sure to schedule a complimentary meet and greet before their stay so they can get to know the staff. For their stay:
- Food: To help keep tummies happy and regular, be sure to bring their usual food and/or treats labeled and prepackaged per feeding in individual zip-lock bags. Please do not bring Tupperware or large dog food bags. Exceptions are available for long term lodging guests. Note: If needed, we will provide our in-house food at no extra charge which is a digestive-friendly premium prescription food.
- Collars/leads: Not necessary unless someone else is picking up your pet.
- Medication: If your pet is on any prescription medication, the medication must be in the original packaging from your veterinarian with prescription dosage instructions *(additional fee applies). We will not be able to administer medications outside of our normal business hours.
- Additional items: you're welcome to bring small blankets. As long as it's washable in our commercial machines.
- Toys: You are welcome to bring up to 3 toys but, for safety reasons, no rope toys or rawhide's are allowed. Please make sure all belongings are labeled appropriately with your pet's name prior to check-in.
What is a Healthy Pet Program?
The Healthy Pet Program is our way of standing behind the superior care our clients have grown to trust. With this program, you'll only pay $7 per visit for the peace of mind that we"ll cover any applicable veterinary fees up to $500 that are a result of your pet's visit with us, according to the guidelines explained in our Services Agreement. *Some exclusions apply.
Is it pet insurance?
The BPR Healthy Pet Program is not pet insurance. Unlike pet insurance, which can cost anywhere from $10 to over $90 per month, and requires a deductible, this program is only a $7 per visit for lodging guests. There is no deductible or co-pay with the Healthy Pet Program.
Why is it not included in the lodging price?
We decided to offer this unique program to give our clients even more peace of mind while their pets are in our care. While it's rare that dogs require medical attention after they leave us, our clients appreciate that we have a plan in place should it become necessary.
A program like this takes a lot of the guess work and discussion out of the equation, so the focus can be on caring for the pet, instead of who will pay or how much. We could say, "just trust us", but instead, with this program, our clients have our word in writing!
Why is it mandatory?
For the program to work properly at the nominal rate of $7 per visit and to the benefit all clients, it is necessary that all clients participate.