LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES
Effective June 1, 2020, the Barkaritaville Pet Resort lobby will be open for drop-off and pick-up. Both our Corpus Christi and San Antonio locations will also be available for tours again. In accordance with the guidelines for the latest phase in reopening Texas, and in the spirit of keeping our clients and staff safe and healthy, here is what you need to know:
Pick-up and Drop-off
Curbside still available. For those who have grown to appreciate (and love) our curbside option for drop-off, pick-up, and payment, it’s not going away! Curbside service will still be available, so please don’t hesitate to take advantage of it. More on curbside procedures, below.
For entering the lobby. For those who would prefer to come inside for drop-off and pick-up, so that we adhere to local guidelines and mandates, mask requirements currently vary by location. Please watch this page for updates and we’ll continue to update via email and social media. Effective June 22, 2020:
San Antonio: Mask Required. For those who would prefer to come inside, masks are required for drop-off and pick-up. This requirement is by executive order in Bexar County that subject us to a possible $1,000 fine if our customers do not have face coverings. Please wear your mask!
Corpus Christi: Mask Recommended. For those who would prefer to come inside, while we are recommending our customers wear a mask for drop-off and pick-up it is not required.
Our staff at both locations will be wearing masks and we do ask everyone practice safe social distancing.
San Antonio and Corpus Christi: Mask Required. For those who would like a tour of the facility, a mask will be required at both locations for both guest and staff. Thank you for your understanding.
Ongoing Safety Practices
Cleaning. We will continue our already enhanced cleaning and disinfecting protocols.
Only the essentials for lodging and daycare. For everyone's health and safety, please do not bring any toys, bedding, or personal belongings of any kind until further notice. We will only accept food, treats, and medication. For daycare drop-off in the lobby, we kindly ask you take your pet’s leash and collar with you.
As always, we appreciate your patience as we continue to navigate best practices to ensure your safety, and the safety of each employee. We will continue to update this page as needed.
Additional Information and Reminders
As a reminder, to help ensure the safety of our playgroups and secure your dog’s spot in advance, please make your daycare reservation by visiting our reservations page or by using your Barkaritaville Pet Resort mobile app.
For those who have not yet taken advantage of curbside service with us, here is what you need to know:
Payment. We can take payment over the phone prior to arrival or you may leave a card on file with us or through your online client portal.
Arrival. When you arrive with your pet, please park and then reply to your Barkaritaville text with the word HERE so we can meet you outside. Can't text? Call us at your relevant location and we’ll meet you outside. For those in San Antonio, while we make every effort to maintain proper social distance, to help ensure we’re within the mandates of the executive order for Bexar County, we ask that you wear a mask when interacting with the staff during the curbside procedure.
- One. Please keep your dog on a leash and walk to the marked location at the entry, where a member of our team will meet you. If there are other pet parents waiting to be helped, please maintain appropriate distancing, or wait in your car.
- Two. Stand at the marked spot (look for the red Stand Here sign), and with your dog on a leash, allow your dog to approach our team member, while maintaining at least 6 feet of space between you and the team member.
- Three. We will use our own escape-proof slip lead and ensure it is securely in place, prior to removing your dog’s collar and leash, so you can take those items home with you.
Pick-up procedure. When you arrive for pick-up, please call or text us so we can meet you outside, and we will use the same procedure as drop-off so you can put your dog’s collar and leash back on before you remove our slip lead.
- Vaccinations, including fecal tests, are still required and strictly enforced and must be provided PRIOR to arrival. Double check your pet's records and allow extra time to have updates made before arriving at the resort. You can fax them to us.
- If your pet’s vaccinations are coming due in the next few months, don’t wait! Get current today to always be ready.
Please call us with any questions and with any requests for assistance. As always, we’re here to help you in the lifetime care of your pet.